Do not send users notifications if they dismiss this notification. What does this mean?
- You have the ability to stop notifications sent to a user who has dismissed a notification.
Why would I choose this option?
- If a user dismisses a notification it might indicate that the user is not interested in the content of the notification. On the flip slide, it might mean that the user doesn’t have the time to engage with the notification at the time they receive the notification. Depending on the situation and the nature of the notification you might want to add the option to ‘stop’ sending notifications to any user who has dismissed a notification.
What happens when a user dismisses a notification in a journey?
- The User will not receive any notifications in the journey after the Do not send users notifications if they dismiss this notification toggle has been turned on
What counts as a ‘dismiss’?
- Push: Swiped notification away or clicked ‘clear all’ on the device home screen.
- In-App: Closing then notification by clicking 'X'.
- Feed Post: Deleting the Feed Post.
- Email: Unsubscribe.
- Campaign CTA: Any button with “dismiss” set as the action when clicked on will count as dismiss